Bachelor of Science in Sociology
The Bachelor of Science degree in Sociology prepares students to understand and deal
with diversity, modernization, and social change ranging from the local to the global
scale. The core competencies of the program prepare students to enter careers requiring:
- communication skills,
- data gathering and analysis skills,
- community awareness and involvement,
- critical thinking,
- an understanding of the structure and functioning of groups and organizations,
- greater awareness of their environment,
- critical self-reflection, and
- interpersonal and intercultural skills.
Besides career preparation, specific concentrations in the major also provide background for graduate study in sociology and other related disciplines.
For more information about this program, please visit the Bachelor of Science in Sociology page.
For questions about this program, please contact the Program Coordinator
Name: Dr. Ravi Ghadge