Student Success Services
- Phone: 470-578-6600
- Website: http://studentsuccess.kennesaw.edu
We at Student Success Services are working hard at providing the highest quality student support, academic support and health-related services to help ensure that our students are successful in and out of the classroom. Our diverse and highly skilled staff assists students with needs associated with veteran’s issues, addiction recovery, disabled student services, women’s support, interpersonal violence prevention, homeless student intervention, student athlete success, student health promotion and wellness and personal and career counseling.
You’ll find Student Success Services, which is a division of Student Affairs, has offices on the Kennesaw and Marietta campuses. All of our departments provide year-round services to currently enrolled students.
For KSU Distance and Online Learners, our Mental Health Counselors, Social Workers and advisors are also available for phone or email consultations. A consultation is not a counseling session and if it is determined that further services are needed, students will be encouraged to make an appointment to come to the office to meet with a counselor in person or given a referral.
Young Adult Addiction & Recovery
- Phone: 470-578-2538
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://studentsuccess.kennesaw.edu/cyaar/index.php
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cyaar
Words like Alcohol and Other Drugs, Addiction, Substance Misuse, Alcoholism, Eating Disorders and Recovery conjure many different kinds of feelings, affected by culture, socioeconomics, age, religion, experience, and many other factors- reactions ranging from humor to despair to curiosity to anger.
It is often during the college years that alcohol, drugs and unhealthy behaviors begin to occupy a larger part of our lives- socially, and experientially. It is also often the time when those in recovery from addiction weigh the risk of coming to college, a place that can be a hostile environment to recovery.
The Center for Young Adult Addiction and Recovery is here to help KSU students, faculty, parents, and the community at large gain a better understanding of alcohol and other drugs, addiction and recovery at this critical juncture. Our comprehensive approach has proven very effective in helping students and the community.
- Phone: 470-578-6600
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://studentsuccess.kennesaw.edu/care
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/KSUCARECENTER
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ksucarecenter
The Campus Awareness, Resource & Empowerment (CARE) Center offers support to students who have experienced homelessness, food insecurity and/or the foster care system.
The CARE Center provides both on and off campus resources, operates the campus food pantry, provides personal care items and assists in accessing temporary and/or permanent housing. Also the CARE Center collaborates with various KSU departments such as Admissions, Financial Aid, Residence Life, etc. in an effort to help students better navigate the KSU campus.
- Kennesaw Campus: Kennesaw Hall, Room 2401; 470-578-6600
- Marietta Campus: Student Center, Bldg. A, Suite 170; 678-915-7391
Counseling & Psychological Services
- Phone: 470-578-6600
- GA Crisis & Access Line: 1-800-715-4225
- Website: http://studentsuccess.kennesaw.edu/cps/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/KSUCounseling
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/KSUCounseling
Counseling and Psychological Services supports the academic mission of Kennesaw State University by enhancing students’ educational, career, and social development. We work in conjunction with other faculty, administrators, and student affairs professionals to develop the whole person—intellectually, personally, socially, and spiritually.
Our philosophy is to value the self-worth of each individual, respect and embrace human diversity, and provide services that aid the development of healthy behaviors necessary for success. The staff strives to provide a safe, supportive environment for those who seek counseling. Each individual is considered to have an inherent capacity for healthy productive functioning as a human being.
Student Disability Testing Services
- Phone: 470-578-3197
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://studentsuccess.kennesaw.edu/sds/testing-services.php
Student Disability Services is dedicated to enhancing student learning by providing accessible testing services for students registered with Student Disability Services. Student Disability Services is committed to maintaining the highest compliance with nationally recognized testing standards and practices, safeguarding confidentiality of student records, and creating an optimal testing environment in order to meet the needs of students and faculty.
Military & Veterans Services
- Phone: 470-578-2970
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://studentsuccess.kennesaw.edu/veterans/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/KSUMVS/
Kennesaw State’s Military and Veteran Services is fully staffed by experienced veterans and offers a one-stop shop that is easily accessible and widely available to service members, veterans, and dependents. Our goal is to empower our military community with the tools necessary for accomplishing their academic goals.
Through information sharing, referral services, and outreach programs, our Military and Veteran Services team seeks to provide an inclusive and educational environment that fosters student success and achievement. Whether you are a new or transferring student, we will help guide you to the resources you need to make the most of your experience at KSU.
Women's Resource & Interpersonal Violence Prevention Center
- Phone: 470-578-7858
- Email: WR_IVPC@kennesaw.edu
- Website: http://studentsuccess.kennesaw.edu/wrc/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/KsuWomensResourceCenter
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/WRC_KSU
The mission of the Women’s Resource Center is to enhance academic performance and empower members of the KSU community to reach their full potential by striving to create an inclusive, supportive and violence free environment. The Women’s Resource Center at Kennesaw State University will stand by its mission to:
- Support members of the KSU community who are survivors of sexual assault and other forms of interpersonal violence.
- Offer on and off campus resources to appropriately address the needs of students.
- Provide training and education on a variety of topics that address women and gender issues.
- Create awareness of women and gender issues through the creation and dissemination of educational materials to the campus community.
Student Athlete Success Services (SASS)
- Phone: 470-578-2404
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.ksuowls.com/sports/2013/11/20/SASS_1120133159.aspx
The Kennesaw State University Student Athlete Success Services (SASS) center staff is dedicated to providing excellent academic support for all student-athletes while they are pursuing their degree, and ensures compliance with NCAA rules pertaining to academic eligibility. Students are surrounded with comprehensive academic support which helps them to be successful and balance the demands of being a student-athlete.
SASS is a division of Student Success Services under the direction of Dr. Bob Mattox, Associate Vice President of Student Affairs and Director of Student Success Services