Undergraduate Admissions Information

KSUThe Undergraduate Admissions process at KSU is the same regardless of traditional or online learning and is processed through the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.

Admission to Kennesaw State University is a selective process. Meeting the application deadline or minimum standards does not guarantee acceptance. It is the responsibility of the applicant to review the admission standards and deadlines in advance to understand the likelihood of eligibility.

All students must follow the application and document deadlines for the semester they are interested in attending. Please allow ample time for receipt and processing of all documents by the admissions office. Processing time varies based on number of applicants and time of year.

Questions regarding the admission process for undergraduate students should be addressed to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.

Office of Undergraduate Admissions Contact Information

  • Campus Map and Driving Directions

    Phone: 770-423-6300

    Fax: 470-578-9169

    Email: KSUAdmit@kennesaw.edu

    Blogger: http://www.kennesawstateadmissions.blogspot.com

    Mailing Address*:
    Kennesaw State University
    Office of Undergraduate Admissions
    3391 Town Point Drive, MD 9111
    Suite 1000
    Kennesaw, GA 30144

    Kennesaw Campus - Office Location
    3391 Town Point Drive, Suite 1000
    Kennesaw, GA 30144

    Marietta Campus - Office Location
    1100 South Marietta Parkway, Suite 169
    Marietta, GA 30060

    Office Hours
    Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
    Closed all campus observed holidays.

Admissions Classifications

  • StudentsFreshmen are classified as those students who have never attended another college and have graduated from high school within the last five years.

    Transfer Freshmen are classified as those students who graduated from high school in the last five years, have attended another college, but have earned less than 30 semester hours or 50 quarter hours of transferrable college credit.

    For more information, please click the link below:

  • Transfer StudentsTransfer Students are those students who have earned at least 30 semester hours, or 50 quarter hours of college credit that will transfer to Kennesaw State University. The hours earned must be from an accreditated college or university and does not include credit by exam.

    Transfer credit evaluations for online students are performed by the Office of the Registrar during the admissions process. Students are welcome to use the Course Transfer Search Engine to get an idea of which of their courses may transfer into their KSU degree program.  

    Further information for transfer students can be found at the following links:

  • Transient StudentsA transient student is a guest from another college or university for one term, and who has been verified by the home institution as being in good academic standing and eligible to return; and who has their home institution's permission to attend KSU as a transient student.

    Transient students must meet all applicable deadlines, are eligible for registration during final registration, and are not guaranteed enrollment in specific courses. 

    For more information, please see the link below:

  • Adult LearnerAdult Learners at Kennesaw State University are students that fall under the following criteria:

    • Previously graduated from high school or whose high school class graduated five or more years ago
    • Earned a high school diploma or satisfactorily completed the GED
    • If previously attended college, completed fewer than 30 transferable semester hours of college credit

    Adult learners are offered a variety of learning and success resources. These include online program orientations, peer mentoring, virtual advising, online tutoring and an adult learner resources center.

    For more information, please see the link below: 

  • MilitaryAt Kennesaw State University, we are honored to serve our men and women who have honorably served our country and we have made it a top priority to make your introduction or transition back to higher education as smooth as possible. KSU has been recognized as a military friendly school, and we work diligently to ensure we keep that distinction. 

    KSU's Military and Veteran Services Center is a one-stop shop for current and prior military members who are looking to start or return to school. The center provides support and resources for active and reserve military members and veterans, as well as spouses and dependents. 

    For more information or assistance, please contact the Military and Veteran Services Center: 

    For assistance with the admission process, please contact the Office of Undergraduate Admissions:

  • International StudentsInternational students must meet basic admission requirements for their classification, and you may have additional requirements based on visa type, country of origin and educational history.

    Applicants to Kennesaw State University are classified “international” applicants if they meet any of the following criteria:

    • Students who are not U.S. Citizens.
    • Students who are currently in the U.S. on an F-1 (student) visa.
    • Students who are currently living outside the U.S. and will require an F-1 visa to study in the United States.
    • Students who are currently in the U.S. on any other class of visa.
    • Students who are in the process of applying for Permanent Residency status but have not yet received the Permanent Residency card.
    • Students who have received a Permanent Residency card.
    • Students who have been educated outside of the U.S.
    • All documents must be evaluated and translated into English by an outside agency at the student's expense.

    For more information, please see the link below: 

  • ReadmissionWe appreciate you considering coming back to Kennesaw State! Former Kennesaw State University students that must apply for readmission include:

    • Students who have not been enrolled at KSU for three or more consecutive semesters
    • Students who last attended as a transient
    • Students who are returning after academic dismissal or learning support exclusion
    • Students who wish to change their status (such as transient to degree seeking, degree seeking to non-degree) 

    For more information, please see the link below: