Web Learners Program
Any KSU student may register for online courses. Students who register for ONLY online courses for the semester (regardless of discipline) will pay the Institutional ($300) and Technology ($55) fees plus the standard e-tuition rate. The Student Services Fee and Parking Permit Fees are waived.
- Students taking full semesters online and not living on campus are exempt from the mandatory meal plans.
- The Horace W. Sturgis Library is not supported by the Student Services Fee so it is available for use by online students.
- The waiver for the Global Learning fee prohibits online students from applying for the Global Learning Scholarship.
- Yet those students with geographic accessibility, wishing to utilize campus resources, may do so by paying the fee associated with the service.
Web Learners Program Details
The Web Learners Program is available for KSU students enrolled in online degree programs at Kennesaw State University including students who have not yet declared an online major or who have not yet been accepted into a professional online program.
- New students must be admitted to KSU prior to completing the Web Learners Enrollment Form.
- Students requiring learning support courses will not be eligible for the Web Learners program until all LSP courses have been satisfied.
- Students must be in good academic standing prior to enrolling.
Current KSU students enrolling as Web Learners receive priority registration for online courses during early registration.
Newly admitted first year and transfer students are required to participate in the KSU-Online Virtual Orientation. The Virtual Orientation is housed in D2LBrightspace, KSU’s learning management system. It will take 24-36 hours after being enrolled as a Web Learner for your D2LBrightspace account to be activated allowing you to register for the virtual orientation.
- During Virtual Orientation, you will discover important online resources, as well as information needed to achieve success and prepare for entry into the degree program of your choosing. u
- Upon successful completion of the Virtual Orientation course with a minimum score of 70%, you will receive Academic Advising information and a Registration time ticket request will be forwarded to the Registrar. Department advisors will be able to answer program questions and assist in planning your course schedule.
Web Learners must maintain good academic standing to remain in the program and to be eligible for priority registration the following semester.
If students choose later not to participate in the Web Learners program, they must formally opt-out of the program by completing the Web Learners Opt-Out Form before the end of drop/add of the current term.
Web Learners also have access to the same technology resources available to on-campus students. These resources can be accessed anywhere, anytime with an Internet connection. They include:
- The Virtual Owl - A cloud based computer lab with access to an extensive list of KSU hosted applications. These include: Microsoft Office 2010, Adobe Creative Suite, Dreamweaver, SPSS, SAS, and more.
- Dedicated personal storage on the Owl Drive. 500MB of file storage can be accessed through your Virtual Lab environment.
- Technology support from the Student Helpdesk via phone, (470) 578-3555, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org